Old sayings, “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away”, it tells how important the apple is to the old generation in health. From modern nutrient database, it shows that apples do not have cholesterol, contain relatively less amounts of fiber, Vitamin C and other antioxidant compounds. This makes researchers believe that apples may help to reduce the risk of getting cancers, such as colon cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. At the same time, they also believe that apple may help to control cholesterol, causing weight loss and avoiding heart disease.
Apple is one of my favorite fruits. Usually, I’ll take one fresh apple per day, sometimes even 2 to 3 per day. Apples that suit for eating fresh are also called dessert apples. Dessert apples are soft and crisp; generally it can be easily recognized with its red color skin. Besides eating fresh, apples can also be juiced, canned and fermented to become vinegar and cider. Normally, cider apples are used for that purpose mainly due to its acidic and tart taste.
Does anyone know apples can also be used in culinary? Green apples are also called tart apples. Besides its nutritional values, green apple can also give a rich flavor to the dish. Hence, this makes apples are also a popular ingredient in modern age cooking. Here I would like to share with you how to prepare one of my favorite recipes, “Stir Fried Chicken with Apple”
Stir Fried Chicken with Apple
300g chicken breast
1 green apple
100g bamboo shoots
5g sliced mustard
10g water Amylum
10g Chinese prickly ash oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Ajinomoto
1) Peel off the skin of the green apple, cut coarsely and soak in salt water to prevent from turning dark (oxidized).
2) Wash the bamboo shoots, cut slices, and put into boil water for about 8 minutes.
Rinse off the water.
3) Wash the capsicum thoroughly, cut the head and slices.
4) Clean the chicken and cut into pieces, add in salt, water Amylum and Chinese prickly ash oil to pickle for about 15 minutes, put into boiling water and cook till done.
5) Make the wok hot, put in some cooking oil and fry the ginger till fragrance. Put into capsicum and cook till done. Add in sliced mustard; follow by chicken, apple and bamboo shoots to fry for few minutes.
6) Put in some salt, Ajinomoto and stir fried until even.
7) Ready to be served.
I was born in Bangkok, Thailand. I do not treat cooking as a job. Instead, cooking is an important element in enriching my life. My passion and talent in cooking was actually stimulated by my father, who was a chef in one of the hotel in Bangkok. I have been cooking since I was 13 years old. I learned a lot of useful secrets in cooking Thai cuisine from my father. I have prepared countless of dishes since I began cooking. Some recipes are even come from my innovative idea. It is hard to express the honors and happiness that I have every time when I see my customers, friends and family enjoy taking my cooking. Visit my website to find out more recipe at http://www.all-thai-cooking.com.
Related Apple Articles